2016년 7월 24일 일요일

I'm changing my life

Last summer. Suddenly I realized. "I want to create a game" 
I was not a programmer, not a designer, not a pro-gamer. I was an office worker. 
Of course I love video games. But I'm 33 years old. As a grown man, I have to work for my life and family.

Maybe I was crazy. Anyway, I started to learn everything about creating game. I quit my job. I jumped into new world. It was nine months ago.

I started to study C#(program language), Unity(game creating tool), Blender(3d graphic tool). I purchased 2 video lectures and 3 beginner level books. I had no money, So I couldn't purchase more.

I watched and read all of them. And I summarized them on a small note book. And then, I read the note book more than 10 times. It took almost 3 months. But everything was still unfamiliar and complicated. 
"...Am I doing right?" 
I was in a deep deep darkness.

I don't have much money. So I had to learn through YouTube and googling. It was the only option that I can choose.
For several months, I watched hundreds of YouTube tutorials.

Internet is awesome. I needed almost every information noob to pro. And the internet contains all of them! When a question arise, sometimes I could solve it with internet and sometimes I solve it by myself.

I also had to learn 'art'. And again, I learned it from internet. I had to learn some kinds of cinematic screen direction. And I learned them from some great movies.

It was a huge challenge. And I was scared. I couldn't have self-confidence. 
"What if I'm wasting my life for the shitty dream?" 
I asked myself more than thousand times. But I couldn't stop.

The lonely dark nine months has passed. It was the busiest period of my life.
And last week. I released my first own game on google play store. 


The download number is not that big. But better than zero.

I know this is not the end. It is just beginning. My life has changed. I could live as a good office worker. But I don't regret.


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기